New Year


I feel so rejuvenated! You never know how much you get from good friends until they're not always around. I feel like I'm ready to go out into the world! LOL. Anyway, one of the craziest things that happened was one of my friends came out on New Years, I was super surprised, I don't know if it was a I just liked this one girl, or a this is who I am now, but anyway. It happened. Lol. Today, I came across Marsha Ambrosius video today and thought about how much trust it takes to come out to someone. I'm sure there is a great amount of fear and trepidation, and for her to trust us to tell us something like that says a lot about of friendships as a whole and why I'm so close to this group of people. Nothing is taboo and it's a really open and honest space. I would hate for someone to crush their dreams, hopes, and jeopardize their happiness because of fear, or closemindness. I just don't believe in my heart that someone would go through all of what society puts those who live alternative lifestyles if that's not who they were meant to be. These are my friends, my loves, my comforts, and my confidants and I will forever support anyone who is truly themselves. I encourage you to do the same. Suicide and bullying because of sexuality are major issues in the LGBTQQI community, and I think we need to shift our focus from whether we think behavior is right, wrong, disliked, or disgusting and focus on the fact that we are losing lives.

Comments

Popular Posts