Things that Came Across My Desk

For some reason I was in the worst FUNK ever! Like a... didn't want to even grocery shop, didn't leave my house for a week, watched the entire three seasons of parks and recreation, Danny Phantom (a nick cartoon), and a whole bunch of other movies, wore only sweats for almost two weeks and it wasn't because of weight gain, knew I had things to do, but didn't even care FUNK! I guess I just didn't realize how much my brain needed a break until it just STOPPED functioning.

Anyway I woke up this morning and I was magically out of it!

Now my brain is back in research and ruminator mode and I'm thinking about all the things I have yet to do, and that I only have two weeks left to get all of them done before the beginning of MY LAST SEMESTER OF MY MASTER'S DEGREE!!! WOOO WHOO! I'm so excited to leave the sticks!

Any way, a few things came across my desk while I was in my funk and I just wanted to make comments on them.


Normally I don't get political on my blog, but I was a women's studies major and well...I must. First of all in a move that I think is LONG OVERDUE the Dept of Health and Human Services passed a bill calling for women's "preventative" care services be made free, including :
well-woman visits;
screening for gestational diabetes;
human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing for women 30 years and older;
sexually-transmitted infection counseling;
human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) screening and counseling;
FDA-approved contraception methods and contraceptive counseling;
breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling; and
domestic violence screening and counseling.

Some people *cough cough* conservatives are calling for people's heads over making birth control free (to those who have insurance, 1 in 6 American's don't) saying that it is against "conscience rights" which is utter crap. As long as it's not against CONSTITUTIONAL rights, it doesn't matter. Second, people are going to have sex, let's just help them be safe. That's the bottom line for me. Accessible birth control and voluntary sterilization reduces the number of unwanted pregnancies and abortions, limits the number of children my FICA will have to give assistance to, and the counseling that goes with it ensures people are knowledgeable about safe sex practices. WIN. WIN. WINNING.
We all have the God-given ability to choose and we should have the choice of affordable care and the option to receive care based on our needs. You can take it, or leave it, it's just an OPTION. I'll even get personal and extremely honest about it. My mother was never against me being on birth control. She had a conversation with me, and said in no uncertain terms she did not want me having sex, but that if I was going to, she wanted me to be safe. Did the option make me want to have sex more? No. I think we may have had this conversation in like 9th grade, I didn't have sex in high school. Didn't have sex in undergrad. It's all in what you know, are taught, and decide to do.

Secondly, Fantasia is pregnant with her married ( in process of divorce? Maybe finalized?) lover's baby, with whom she already had an abortion. She, at a concert to promote an apartment opening announced that she doesn't have to hide from anyone and that God gave her this baby. #PAUSE.
First I'll start with what twitter said:


BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
God gave me this child. God gave you hooked on phonics too and you said "fuck this shit." why you bein' choosy now?
31 Jul

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
If you didn't think you were wrong or felt some kind of way about it, you wouldn't be so extra.
31 Jul

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
I find that shit so annoying! I will never not be irked by that. And sorry you are BEGGING to be judged when you do that.
31 Jul

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
"I'm pregnant. I'm due in November." is one thing, 'GOD GAVE ME THIS CHILD! THIS CHILD THAT I AM CARRYING!" Girl. Bye.
31 Jul

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
Just this idea that suddenly everything you do is blessed and sanctified because you say so is just so backward to me.
31 Jul

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
"God gave me this baby." God gave you condoms. Birth control. The ability to say, "Not until you get a divorce."
31 Jul


BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
LMAO! @ Fantasia announcing her pregnancy like she was making it with Jesus. "God gave me this child." *LMAO!"I Love 7-11 Jesus.
31 Jul Favorite

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld
Let me clarify before y'all get to tweeting all fast. I don't care who does what with whom but be honest if you're going to be loud.

BasseyworldLive Basseyworld

Christian when it's convenient; secular when it suits you.
31 Jul

@kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
is birthing bastards the new black?
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
oops RT @domwilson: @kanYeBreast so I guess God didn't give her the first one that she aborted......that was somebody else......oh.......
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
LEMME HOP ON THIS MARRIED DICK. YAY! GOD GOT ME PREGNANT, ITS A BLESSING YALL...girl if u dont sitcho cat in the hat ass down
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
people always bring religion into their bullshit when it has absolutely ZERO place. fuckin sheep.
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
i mean shit, if God is just handin out babies left n right...lemme go set up some baskets on my balcony
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
how does she know God gave her that baby? was there some kinda holy note attached? i have questions
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
did Fantasia just compare herself to the virgin Mary lmao
31 Jul

kanYeBreast Rosetta Stoned
BURN!!!!!! RT @iSpy_Trade: His wife. RT @kanYeBreast who gonna teach that baby how to read?

Now let me say that I sit on the hypocritical fence when it comes to babies out of wedlock. I think I have a preference for people to have babies in the sanctity of committed relationships. I think that if you are prepared and want to have a baby, you should. I may be one of those professional unmarried woman in her late thirties who may have to get on my "by any means necessary"and have my own little baby before my ovaries dry up and my biological clock gets up and clocks out SANS a hubby. I do however clock teas about unplanned pregnancies to unprepared people who act like it was a good idea. No mam. No Sirs. Also, as a woman who is self aware and lived this life, I can truly say in my best feminist voice, there is a multitude of ways that having a positive male role model or father figure can DRASTICALLY improve a child's life, whether that child is male or female.

So my thing about it can be summarized with Bassey's statements. I think she should name the baby God blanket, because clearly she's thrown him over this baby and pretended like everything is okay. I hate when people say God gave me this baby..No. He gave you the ability to make a baby, the function. Don't thrown him up over this mess you've created. He also gave you a guide on how things should be done. This ain't it. I understand learning the lessons and believing that it's all in his plan, but saying that the action was directly facilitated by God...ehhh. I don't think that's the move.

To me, she's already been in a messy situation with the same man. Almost killed herself over it, take the tragedy of feeling the need to abort the first child and turn it into a lesson, but clearly there's nothing learned and she's back in the same situation. I dunno. I hope it works out. I truly believe we're all hypocritical. THIS ONE WRITING THIS POST IS INCLUDED, but let's not be so loud about it...kay?

If you think I'm being judgy...yeah. I think being with a married man is up there on my list of disrespectful ish that could get you cut. It's on twice in fact, because you don't respect your self enough to say, I deserve my own peen, in house, bought and paid for, so I'll just take this community peen (that's not really community, because he has a wife and she thought she bought and paid for her own peen). She's like people who steal your internet, but much much worse. Then she's disrespecting his wife in saying, I don't respect the home that you've worked to build, I don't have to be honest with you, I don't have to give you an inkling of human courtesy, I'm going to let you live this lie about one of the biggest things in your life. *KANYE SHRUG* Nah. She might don't make it.

Let me end by saying that this is not about Fantasia. She's an example of something that we all see all too often. She just happened to be the subject of the day. It's a big issue that we currently aren't doing a great job of fixing...What are your thoughts?

Comments

  1. Some Lessons are learned much much to late.

    tlw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tweets were errythang. I'm in tears!
    Anywho,
    I cannot fathom ever entertaining a relationship with a married man...let alone then having his child. O_o Why?! Because I wouldn't want someone to disrespect my marriage. I'm not about to trample on someone else's vows and promises.
    Fantasia and Antwan need to have a whole stadium worth of seats way over there >>>>>>>>
    Does Fantasia think Antwan's (ex)wife is going to welcome her with open arms because she's with child? Maybe they'll be a big happy family like Alicia, Swizz, and Mashonda?! Wait......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts