Scream

At my job there's an older black lady that works at the front desk. She's very nice, but there's something strange about her..her voice. It always sounds like she has a cold, I didn't ask her was she sick, but the other day my co-worker brought it up to my boss and she told us her story.

Her daughter got a great job out west, and while she was flying out to a new opportunity and new life her plane crashed... when she heard the news of her daughters death she screamed a complete four days. That's just the way she dealt with the grief. She screamed so much she permanently damaged her vocal cords.

What a story I thought...not because of the tragic nature but her response...is there someone that I would be willing to cry out for? Literally feel so much that I would disregard my own body? I don't know.

Comments

Popular Posts